About Me

David and I are first time parents. We have been married over 7 years and share a wonderful life together. We have a 6 and 1/2-year old black Lab named Kona. And now we have our beautiful daughter, Rachel. We enjoy traveling, playing tennis, movies and music/going to concerts. We are excited to share our life experiences with you. Enjoy!

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Follow up

David and I had Rachel's 4-month check up last Friday. We asked a lot of questions as always, but later we realized we never discussed anything with the doctor about feeding - do we introduce baby food, how much should she be eating, does she need rice cereal in every feeding.

So I called the doctor back on Monday with our list of additional questions. She did call me back later that day, but I wasn't able to get the call.

I didn't hear back from her after that for a few days, so I called her today to follow up. She is great and always loves our questions. I think she likes that David and I come always come to our appointments prepared with questions and take a big interest in the growth and health of our daughter.

Right now she is eating 4 ounces every feeding and eats about 6 times per day. I have increased her morning feeding and her last feeding to 5 ounces since she is sleeping through the night and added rice cereal to half of her bottles. The doctor said she now should be eating up to 37 ounces per day! WOW! I have read some things that indicate at 4 months she should only be at about 32 ounces per day.

We also can start feeding her rice cereal on a SPOON, supplemented with formula!

And by her 6-month check-up in January she should weigh about 14 pounds.

So we will try the spoons and increasing how much she eats. We'll see what happens. Just another step in the process of Rachel growing.

No comments: