About Me

David and I are first time parents. We have been married over 7 years and share a wonderful life together. We have a 6 and 1/2-year old black Lab named Kona. And now we have our beautiful daughter, Rachel. We enjoy traveling, playing tennis, movies and music/going to concerts. We are excited to share our life experiences with you. Enjoy!

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The visit comes to an end




Saturday and Sunday were the last two days David's parents were in town visiting us. They were busy days...

Saturday we went to the eye doctor to get my glasses adjusted. They kept sliding off my face so they just altered the part that goes behind my ear to be a little more bent so it curved more over my ear. Diane and David also got their glasses cleaned while we were there. Then we went to China King in Herndon for Chinese food for lunch - yummy beef and broccoli. I am not really supposed to eat broccoli since I am breastfeeding, but I did eat about half the broccoli in my dish. Diane and I then had pedicure appointments at Christie Adam. We had pedicures at the end of June before my baby shower, so I decided to treat her again. She had been so helpful during the week that I felt she deserved it. We made dinner at home Saturday night since we had been out a few times during the week for dinner as well as eating out every day for lunch.

Sunday we went to church - three weeks in a row of being late though! (Maybe we should plan for the 845AM mass so then we can arrive on time for the 1030AM service!) Then we went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast/lunch. We had to wait about 30 minutes, but it went by fast. Rachel needed to be changed so I took her in the women's bathroom. As I was changing her she peed and missed the new diaper I was in the process of putting on her - plus she got her dress wet under her! So I secured the wet diaper, grabbed all the changing supplies and went to find David with the full diaper bag so I could get another diaper and backup clothes to put her in...I guess another lesson - bring the whole diaper bag in the bathroom with you!

After Cracker Barrel we drove to the airport to drop off Jim and Diane. They had a 345pm flight - we got them there about 215PM so plenty of time. They had already printed boarding passes so they just checked in their luggage outside. We said goodbye and left the airport.

We really are glad they were able to come visit - and for so long. Rachel enjoyed her time with them and they enjoyed Rachel. Plus it was nice having the extra hands and help around the house. This week has been hard getting back to being on my own! We look forward to seeing them again soon - probably mid-October for Rachel's baptism. That day we'll be on time for church!
PS The health update on David's dad - he went to his doctor on Tuesday and has double pneumonia! How does the hospital here miss that after XRays, EKGs, lab work?! One will never know. So Jim is on medicine to get better soon, and he was not contagious. WHEW!

No comments: