About Me

David and I are first time parents. We have been married over 7 years and share a wonderful life together. We have a 6 and 1/2-year old black Lab named Kona. And now we have our beautiful daughter, Rachel. We enjoy traveling, playing tennis, movies and music/going to concerts. We are excited to share our life experiences with you. Enjoy!

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

On my own

Today David went back to work. That doesn't seem too significant in itself. But considering he has been home for a month with Rachel and I, it was quite significant. And I quickly realized that accomplishing one task in a day might be a real feat. I had been warned - pick one thing you will do for the day and be happy if you can do it. I thought, no, not me - I can have a task list I can check off easily each day. But today I managed to accomplish one thing - and it pretty much took the entire day to do it. When talking with David tonight when he got home, he asked how my day was. So I began to recite what I had done - but the list was not that long, although somehow it was already 8PM. I'm not sure where the day went or what I did, except change diapers, feed Rachel, hold Rachel, wash bottles and stuff and address our birth announcement envelopes. So I guess I will reset my goals each day until my maternity leave is over - plan to accomplish one task and be happy with that.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

You must have a very wise friend who gave you that advice! ;-)