About Me

David and I are first time parents. We have been married over 7 years and share a wonderful life together. We have a 6 and 1/2-year old black Lab named Kona. And now we have our beautiful daughter, Rachel. We enjoy traveling, playing tennis, movies and music/going to concerts. We are excited to share our life experiences with you. Enjoy!

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Facebook

I have to say I am addicted to Facebook.

I decided while I was out on maternity leave that I would create an account. Everyone else was doing it -- and now I can't stop!

I log on several times a day...I love reading everyone's status - how else would I know when someone goes on vacation, has a baby, gets engaged, is tired or hungry. Although I do wonder why people at work are constantly updating Facebook. I will probably be just like them on September 22nd when I go back to work.

I enjoy getting friend requests and sending friend requests. I am also now receiving wine, flair, pink ribbons, quizzes to find out what kind of cheese I am...what does this all mean? Who cares - I am on Facebook along with most everyone else. I just accept the requests, gifts, flair and am excited by it because my profile page is getting full. Again, I am not sure what that really means in the grand scheme. I don't think I'll win a prize for the most stuff on my profile page. It's just fun to see it grow and look like everyone elses.

But I have a long way to go compared to others who have pictures, poker games, interviews, quotes, you name it.

It has been fun to reconnect with people from middle school, high school, my old New Jersey neighborhood, college. I like looking at their pictures, where they work, where they went to school, who else they have as friends in case I know anyone I should add. I also like adding pictures to my page - mostly of Rachel, of course!

This maternity leave has been enlightening - besides having a baby I have also kept up with this blog and joined Facebook. Who knows what else I can do. See you online somewhere. I'll be looking for your friend request!

No comments: